Pumpkin Chili Mexicana
Pumpkin lends color and nutrients to this creamy Chili Mexicana. Onion, chile
peppers, ground turkey and kidney beans seasoned with cumin and chili powder make
a zesty and flavorful dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or
- Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.
- Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans chiles, corn, chili
powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin and meals.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chili Recipes