Rabia's Black Bean Chili
I got this recipe from a friend I had in Seattle. It's been a family favorite
for almost seven years now! Makes a great burrito filling, too!
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, minced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cans black beans (leave starch in one can)
- 3 tomatoes or 2 cans tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can corn (without sugar), drained
- Mild chili powder
- Basmati rice
- Sauté the green pepper, onion, and jalapeno in a big pot over medium heat until
the onion is soft, but not browned (no oil).
- Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute or less. Add the black beans, corn
and tomatoes. I've never measured how much chili powder or salt I use, just
use a lot and to your taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- At this time, start to boil the water for the rice (Basmati is the best for this
dish). It takes 35 minutes for the rice to simmer. When the rice is done, the chili
is done (about 45-50 minutes for the chili). You can cook the chili longer if you
Posted by Angel On Earth at Recipe Goldmine 11:53:12am 8/26/03
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.