Red Chile Paste
This is the basis for enchiladas and chile con carne.
- 24 dried red chiles
- 2 tablespoons mashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts water or to cover
- Wash whole dry chile pods. Wearing rubber gloves, remove stems, veins and seeds.
- Cover chiles with water in a heavy kettle, then bring to a boil. Lower heat and
cook slowly for 30 minutes.
- Drain. Put through a colander or sieve after testing to make sure the pulp separates
easily from the skin.
- Add garlic and salt to the pulp. Blend smooth for a pure, thick chile paste.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.