Red Chile Paste
This is the basis for enchiladas and chile con carne.
- 24 dried red chiles
- 2 tablespoons mashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts water or to cover
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Wash whole dry chile pods. Wearing rubber gloves, remove stems, veins and seeds.
- Cover chiles with water in a heavy kettle, then bring to a boil. Lower heat and
cook slowly for 30 minutes.
- Drain. Put through a colander or sieve after testing to make sure the pulp separates
easily from the skin.
- Add garlic and salt to the pulp. Blend smooth for a pure, thick chile paste.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chili Recipes