Red Curry Chicken Chili
Ground chicken, chickpeas and tomatoes are simmered in a flavorful blend of red
curry paste, coconut milk and robust Indian spices for a twist on chili.
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste, divided
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Chopped cilantro, plain Greek yogurt and warm naan bread, optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken; cook for
5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove
from pan; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; add 1/4 cup broth, onion, ginger, garlic to saucepan.
Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons curry paste, garam masala, chili powder and salt; cook
for 2 to 3 minutes more or until spices are fragrant. Stir in cooked chicken, coconut
milk, chickpeas and drained tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and cornstarch in small
bowl. Stir in cornstarch mixture to saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
or until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon
- Top each serving with cilantro, yogurt and serve with naan bread, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings | Total time: 45 min
For extra heat, add a few tablespoons of sambal chili paste.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 278
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Conagra Brands, Inc.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chili Recipes