- 4 pounds beef brisket (rough ground)
- 3 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 ounces sour mash whiskey
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper flakes
- 8 fresh whole jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup Masa Harina
- Fry bacon, reserving the grease. Save bacon for another use. Sauté the onions
and bell peppers in the bacon grease with 1/2 of the minced garlic. Fry brisket.
- Pour the beer and the whiskey into a large pot and turn heat to medium high.
Add sautéed onions and peppers, tomato sauce, jalapenos and 3/4 of the cumin, the
Worcestershire sauce, cayenne flakes and Tabasco sauce. When mixture begins to boil,
reduce heat to medium and add remaining ingredients except the 1 remaining tablespoon
cumin. Cook on medium-low to low heat for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining cumin and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes over medium-high
heat, stirring constantly.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.