Savory White Chicken Chili
Cozy up to a bowl of creamy white chili. Fat-free Greek yogurt is the special
stir-in and topper.
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso® chicken broth
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Progresso® cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (6 ounce) container Yoplait® Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken, onion and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cilantro and yogurt. Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and yogurt.
- Serve with additional yogurt and chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Variation: If you like chili with a little more kick, stir in an additional 1/4
teaspoon of ground red pepper (cayenne).
- Pair with breadsticks or cornbread and a tossed green salad.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 500 (Calories from
Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg;
Sodium 1220mg; Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 11g, o Sugars 7g), Protein
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Very
Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT Marques Internationales SAS (France)
used under license.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.