- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bay scallops or small shrimp
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any cartilage
- Chopped cilantro
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, leek and garlic.
Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add cumin; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, hot pepper sauce and salt. Heat to boiling
over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in scallops and crabmeat; heat to boiling. Cook 3 minutes or until seafood
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle chili with chopped cilantro.
Makes 6 servings.