Skillet Chili with Dumplings
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked Cream of Wheat (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3/4 cup green pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Dumplings: In medium saucepan, bring milk and salt to boiling point; slowly sprinkle
in Cream of Wheat, stirring constantly. Return to boil; lower heat and cook until
thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat in butter or margarine and eggs until well mixed. Stir
in parsley; set aside.
- Chili: In large skillet, sauté onions and meat until browned; drain. Add tomatoes,
kidney beans, green pepper, chili powder, garlic salt, and if desired, red pepper.
Bring to boiling point; lower heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Drop dumplings by tablespoons onto hot chili. Simmer, covered, an additional
10 to 12 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.