Slippery Sam's Cowboy Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon powdered red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and drain.
- In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add onion, peppers
and garlic; sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste and stir well.
- Add chicken stock, chili powder, and remaining spices
and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low
and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes until chili thickens.
- Rinse kidney beans well and add to the pot. (If you like your chili with a touch
of fire, add hot sauce or crushed dried hot peppers at this point.) Return pot to
medium-high heat and bring to a boil again.
- Remove pot from heat, let stand covered for about 10 minutes, and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.