Smoky Chipotle Chili
- 2 1/2 pounds beef shoulder, arm or blade roast boneless, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 tablespoons masa harina
- Dairy sour cream
- Cut beef roast into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown beef
in batches and remove from stockpot. Season with salt.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic;
cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add beef, tomatoes, beer, adobo sauce and chipotle peppers; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until
beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in beans and masa harina; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring
- Serve with sour cream, as desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 324 calories; 12 g fat
(3 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 75 mg cholesterol; 887 mg sodium;
18 g carbohydrate; 3.9 g fiber; 32 g protein; 9.1 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6;
3.2 mcg vitamin B12; 5.1 mg iron; 32.6 mcg selenium; 6.9 mg zinc; 0.7 mg choline
Nutrition information per serving (1/8 of recipe): 243 calories; 9 g fat
(2 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 57 mg cholesterol; 665 mg sodium;
14 g carbohydrate; 2.9 g fiber; 24 g protein; 6.8 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6;
2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.8 mg iron; 24.5 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 0.5 mg choline
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.