- 1 1/2 pounds ground meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 2 tomato paste cans water
- 1 (No. 2) can tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cans chili beans, drained
- Brown meat with onion, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the
pepper and chili powder.
- Combine remaining salt and pepper with remaining ingredients except beans; add
to meat mixture. Bring to a boil; simmer for 2 hours.
- Add beans during final 15 minutes of cooking.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.