Southwestern White Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans (cannelloni), undrained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions; cook
4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, chiles and spices. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans; simmer 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions and Monterey jack cheese, if you desire.