Spicy Pineapple Pork Chili
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried small white beans, rinsed, drained and picked over
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes in puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a 3 1/2-quart electric crock pot, combine the pork, beans, hot water, tomatoes
with their liquid, tomato paste, juice drained from the pineapple chunks, chiles,
onion, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on the LOW heat setting 8 1/2 to 9 hours, until the pork and beans
are tender, stirring once halfway through the cooking time, if possible.
- Stir in the pineapple chunks and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.