Tomato Soup Chili
This was originally submitted to us as a clone for "Frisch's Big Boy" Chili,
but we were advised that it tasted nothing like that particular chili, although
it is good. We renamed it and removed it from the Restaurant Recipes section.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed
- 1 (10 ounce) soup can water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- In a large 4-quart saucepan, brown crumbled ground beef and onion. Drain
off excess grease.
- Add tomato soup, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and sugar. Mix
well. Simmer for one hour.
- Add drained kidney beans, and simmer one more hour.
Serves 4 - 6.