- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds raw ground turkey
- 6 tablespoons chili
- 3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons ground paprika
- 4 tablespoons
- 7 tablespoons cornmeal
- Cooked pinto or kidney beans (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a 6-quart pot. Add ground turkey; sear over high heat. Stir
until meat is gray, not brown. Add 1 quart water. Bring to a boil and simmer for
1 hour; skim off fat.
- Add chili powder, salt, garlic, cumin, marjoram, red pepper,
black pepper, sugar, cocoa powder and paprika. Simmer 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornmeal and 3/4 cup cold water. Stir into turkey
mixture; stir for 5 minutes. Mixture will be very thick.
- Let cool and store in refrigerator.
- To serve, add water to make chili of desired consistency.
- Reheat to simmering;
Cooked pinto or kidney beans can be added to chili, if desired.