- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds raw ground turkey
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons ground paprika
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons cornmeal
- Cooked pinto or kidney beans (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a 6-quart pot. Add ground turkey; sear over high heat. Stir
until meat is gray, not brown. Add 1 quart water. Bring to a boil and simmer for
1 hour; skim off fat.
- Add chili powder, salt, garlic, cumin, marjoram, red pepper,
black pepper, sugar, cocoa powder and paprika. Simmer 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornmeal and 3/4 cup cold water. Stir into turkey
mixture; stir for 5 minutes. Mixture will be very thick.
- Let cool and store in refrigerator.
- To serve, add water to make chili of desired consistency.
- Reheat to simmering; serve hot.
Cooked pinto or kidney beans can be added to chili, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.