Ugly Dog Chili
It may be ugly, but this chili is very delicious!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin, cubed
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 large yellow
bell peppers, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno chiles, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (36 ounce) can crushed plum tomatoes
- 1 pound red kidney beans
- 5 cups vegetable
or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 package frozen corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown the beef in the olive oil. Remove beef from skillet, and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the onions, peppers and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add tomatoes, browned beef, beans, stock, chili powder, cumin and oregano, then
bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then simmer for one hour.
- Add corn and salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.