Ugly Dog Chili
It may be ugly, but this chili is very delicious!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin, cubed
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno chiles, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (36 ounce) can crushed plum tomatoes
- 1 pound red kidney beans
- 5 cups vegetable or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 package frozen corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown the beef in the olive oil. Remove beef from skillet, and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the onions, peppers and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add tomatoes, browned beef, beans, stock, chili powder, cumin and oregano, then
bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then simmer for one hour.
- Add corn and salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.