This spicy chili will warm you on a chilly (no pun intended) evening, and is
also very healthful. You can eat it as a thick soup or serve it over cooked spaghetti,
as a sort of sauce.
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 2/3 cup uncooked barley
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients except
beans and cheese. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add beans and heat through.
- Garnish with cheese, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chili Recipes