This spicy chili will warm you on a chilly (no pun intended) evening, and is
also very healthful. You can eat it as a thick soup or serve it over cooked spaghetti,
as a sort of sauce.
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 2/3 cup uncooked barley
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients except
beans and cheese. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add beans and heat through.
- Garnish with cheese, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.