White Lightning Chili
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 cup water
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water 2 inches above
beans. Soak 8 hours.
- Drain beans and return them to Dutch oven. Discard liquid.
- Add 3 cans chicken
broth and next 7 ingredients; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered,
2 hours or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining can of chicken broth, chicken and next 3 ingredients. Cover and
simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- With kitchen shears, make 4 cuts in each tortilla toward, but not through, center.
- Line serving bowls with tortillas, overlapping cut edges of tortillas.
in chili, and top with cheese, salsa and sour cream.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.