Brie with Cranberry Chutney
A sweet-sour fruit-and-spice mixture crowns creamy French cheese.
- 1 cup fresh or dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) round Brie cheese
- Slivered almonds, toasted, if desired
- Crackers, if desired
- Mix cranberries, sugar, vinegar, water, gingerroot, cinnamon and cloves in 1-quart
saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Cool slightly. (Chutney will thicken as it stands.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly brush ovenproof plate with vegetable oil.
- Place unpeeled cheese on center of plate.
- Bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is soft and partially melted.
- Spoon half of the chutney over cheese. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve with crackers.
- Spoon remaining chutney onto cheese as needed, or save for future use.
Yield: 10 servings (2 tablespoons each)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 135 (Calories from Fat 55 ); Total Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 190 mg; Total Carbohydrate 15 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 5 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Calcium 8 %
Exchanges: 1 Fruit; 1 Medium-Fat Meat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.