Brie en Croute with Cherries and Pistachios
This festive Brie can be served as a dessert or appetizer with Champagne or a
- 17.5 ounces frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (400g) wheel Brie
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (plus a few extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon brandy or cognac (optional)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, lightly toasted (plus a few extra for garnish)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon water (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the puff pastry flat on a non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheet or pie pan.
- Slice the wheel of Brie in half horizontally to create two thinner Brie rounds.
- Place one Brie round (rind-side down) onto the pastry dough.
- In a small bowl, mix together cherries, preserves and brandy.
- Spread evenly over Brie and scatter pistachios on top.
- Place the other Brie round (rind side up) over the filling.
- Fold the pastry edges up over the Brie, and press together to seal.
- Flip the entire package so that the seam is underneath.
- Brush top with egg wash if desired.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish sparingly with additional toasted pistachios and dried cherries.
Yield: 6–10 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.