Champagne Cheddar Spread
Perfect for a holiday party, this lightly spiced sharp Cheddar spread is easy
to make with just a little Champagne. Use white Cheddar cheese for an elegant appearance.
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream
- 1/2 cup Champagne
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Red Pepper
- Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor; cover. Process until smooth.
- Spoon into serving bowl. Cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly.
- Serve with assorted cut-up vegetables, crackers or French bread slices.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate: 2 hours
Makes 18 servings
Reprinted with permission from