Chex Vanilla Chunks
Love to munch? Make a delicious Chex snack with chocolate, peanuts, marshmallows and pretzels. Make it in minutes.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips*
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 cups small pretzel twists
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (20 ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)**
* One cup miniature semisweet candy-coated chocolate candies for baking can be substituted for the chocolate chips.
** Several brands of candy coating are available, and each may melt a bit differently. The white color varies, and when melted, some are thinner than others. Make a note of the brand you prefer to work with, and watch carefully while melting.
- Place chocolate chips in freezer to chill.
- In large bowl, mix cereals, peanuts, pretzels and marshmallows; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating uncovered on HIGH for 1 minute 30 seconds; stir, breaking up large chunks.
- Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until coating can be stirred smooth.
- Gently and quickly fold cereal mixture into coating with rubber spatula, stirring gently until evenly coated.
- Stir in chilled chocolate chips.
- Spread on waxed paper; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Break into chunks.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Yield: 16 cups
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 110mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%\Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.