Cranberry-Cashew Snack Toss
- 5 cups corn, rice or wheat cereal squares
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups
pretzel sticks, broken in half, or holiday-shaped pretzels
- 1 cup sweetened dried
- 1 (9.5 ounce) can (2 cups) salted cashew halves
- 1/2 cup butter,
melted (no substitutes)
- 1 (1.2 ounce) envelope Caesar dry salad dressing mix
or 1 (1.2 ounce) envelope Italian dry salad dressing mix
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine cereal squares, oyster crackers, pretzels, cranberries and cashews
in large roaster pan, two 13 x 9-inch pans or two 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll
- Stir together butter and salad dressing mix in small bowl.
- Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring twice, until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered containers.
Yield: 24 (1/2-cup) servings
Nutrition Facts (1 serving ): Calories: 175, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 10mg,
Sodium: 295mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Protein: 3g