Cranberry Gorgonzola Appetizer Tart
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce)
package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Ocean Spray Fresh or
Frozen Cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using
a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Trim excess pie crust even with top of pan.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese and gorgonzola cheese in a medium mixing bowl; beat
with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Beat in milk and egg until well mixed.
- Gently stir in cranberries and green onions.
- Spread mixture in baked tart shell; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut into wedges. If desired, garnish with additional green onions.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings
Per Serving: Cal. 182 (9%DV), Fat Cal. 126, Pro. 4g (7%DV), Carb. 11g (4%DV),
Fat 14g (21%DV), Chol. 46mg (15%DV), Sod. 194mg (8%DV), Vit. A 97RE (7%DV), Vit.
C 1mg (2%DV), Vit. E <1mg (1%DV), Calcium 47mg (5%DV), Iron <1mg (2%DV), Folate
5Ug (1%DV), Zinc <1mg (1%DV), Pot. 57mg (2%DV)
Dietary Exchange: Starch 1, Fat 2.5
Recipe and photo credit:
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.