Cucumber Dill Mousse
Light, smooth and refreshing - here's a mousse not to be missed. Serve this
simply marvelous mousse on your favorite crackers or cocktail pumpernickel bread.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 2 1/2
cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumbers (2 1/2 medium)
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion (5 medium)
- 1/4 cup cholesterol-free reduced-calorie mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon
chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Spray 4-cup mold or bowl with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle gelatin on wine in 1-quart saucepan to soften.
- Heat over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until gelatin
- Place 2 cups of the cucumbers and the remaining ingredients in blender or
- Cover and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add gelatin mixture. Cover and blend for 5 seconds.
- Pour into mold. Stir in remaining cucumber.
- Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm; unmold.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups mousse
Fresh dill weed and watercress sprigs are easy, yet elegant, garnish options.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 10 (Calories from Fat 10 ); Total
Fat 1 g (Saturated Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 15 mg; Total Carbohydrate 1
g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007 /TM General Mills.