Easy Fiesta Christmas Tree
Party guests will "ooh" and "aah" over this delectable spread!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 (2 inch) piece green onion
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Assorted tortilla chips, crackers or sliced vegetables, if desired
- Cut block of cream cheese diagonally in half; arrange on serving plate with
shallow rim to form triangle.
- Cut star out of bell pepper with star-shaped cookie cutter; place at top
- Place green onion piece at base of tree.
- Mix salsa and preserves; spoon over cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 8 servings
Add presents to your tree when you arrange small crackers at the base of the
Thinly slice the rest of the green onion, and sprinkle it on top of the salsa
mixture along with cilantro.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 90 ); Total
Fat 10 g (Saturated Fat 6 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 110 mg; Total Carbohydrate
8 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 2 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10 %; Vitamin C 6 %; Calcium 2 %; Iron 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.