Easy Spinach Dip Wreath
You can't go wrong with this super-easy dip. Garnishes of rosemary, yellow
tomatoes, cranberries and red peppers make it even more irresistible.
- 1 round uncut loaf (about 9 inches in diameter) Hawaiian or sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 cups spinach dip
- Rosemary sprig, if desired
- Miniature yellow cherry
tomatoes, if desired
- Cranberries, if desired
- Red bell pepper pieces, if desired
- Cut and hollow out 3-inch-wide ring on top of bread loaf to within 1/2 inch
of bottom, leaving center of loaf intact. Reserve scooped-out bread.
- Spoon spinach dip into hollowed-out ring.
- Arrange rosemary sprigs around outer edge of wreath.
- Decorate with cherry tomatoes and cranberries.
- Cut bow shape from bell pepper; place on wreath.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Tear remaining loaf of bread into bite-size pieces.
- Use torn bread and reserved scooped-out bread for dipping.
Yield: 12 servings
You can easily adapt this recipe to suit your taste! Just substitute another
flavor of dip for the spinach dip if you'd like, and serve with cut-up veggies
instead of bread pieces.
Variation: : Stir about 1 cup of dried cranberries
into the spinach dip for a touch of sweetness and color.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 65 ); Total
Fat 7 g (Saturated Fat 2 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 270 mg; Total Carbohydrate
31 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 6 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 18 %; Vitamin
C 2 %; Calcium 6 %; Iron 10 %
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.