Festive Cabot Cheddar Tree
At your next holiday gathering, try this fun and festive idea for displaying
a variety of Cabot cheeses – a lactose free cheddar tree! This creative take on
the traditional cheese platter livens up any food table and is loved by kids and
- 5 (8-ounce) bars Cabot Sharp Cheddar, plain and flavored
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Grape cherry tomatoes or olives
- 1 mushroom
- Cut each bar of cheddar into 1-inch cubes.
- On large platter or cutting board, arrange cubes in rows to form tree shape,
using different flavor for each row and separating flavors with thyme sprigs
and rows of tomatoes or olives.
- For star on top, peel skin from mushroom; press star pattern into mushroom
with point of knife.
Reprinted with permission from
Cabot Creamery - cabotcheese.coop.