Five-Spice Caramel Corn
The flavors of the holidays – including cinnamon, cloves and ginger – are unmistakable
in this addictive popcorn.
- 3 quarts (12 cups) popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped corn kernels)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place popcorn in large bowl, set aside.
- Line rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in honey, brown sugar and salt. Bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in baking soda and five-spice powder.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and quickly mix to coat.
- Spread coated popcorn onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes,
stirring every 10 to 15 minutes with spatula.
- Cool completely before packaging.
- Store caramel corn in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Yield: 3 quarts
Recipe and photo credit:
Farmers of Wisconsin