Gorgonzola and Rosemary Cream Puffs
Mini cream puffs go together in a snap with this easy-to-follow recipe.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Gorgonzola cheese (4
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat water and butter to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour, salt, rosemary and pepper all at once, stirring constantly, for
30 to 60 seconds or until mixture forms ball; remove from heat.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating with electric mixer on medium speed until
mixture is well blended.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonsful about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Gently press center of each puff with tip of spoon to make slight indentation.
- Sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
- Bake for 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 24 appetizers
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 35 ); Total
Fat 4 g (Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 125 mg; Total Carbohydrate
2 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 2 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2 %; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.