Green Olive Tree
Pretend you're in Italy and do pick the olives off this delicious appetizer
- 5 (7 ounce) jars pitted queen-size green olives, drained
- 3 cups olive
or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup
orange marmalade, melted
- 1 cone-shaped florists' foam topiary with dowel
and base, 8 inches tall
- Flower pot to fit topiary base, about 5 inches in diameter
- Rocks to weight flowerpot
- Tissue paper
- 2 cups honey-roasted
- Mix olives, oil, orange peel, orange juice and marmalade.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Press topiary base securely in flowerpot (glue if necessary).
- Fill pot 2/3 full with rocks.
- Insert toothpicks into topiary cone; place olives on toothpicks.
- Line top of pot with tissue paper; cover with peanuts.
Yield: 1 centerpiece
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 65 (Calories from Fat 55 ); Total
Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 450 mg; Total Carbohydrate
2 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 2 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin
C 0%; Calcium 2 %; Iron 2 %
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.