Holiday Cheese Log
The colors of Christmas make this cheese log a great choice for a holiday appetizer.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash red pepper sauce
- In small bowl, combine first 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until blended.
- Stir in eggs, onions, garlic, and red pepper sauce until blended.
- Shape mixture into a 10-inch log.
- Roll in reserved parsley mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
Yield: 2 cups
Recipe and photo credit: American Egg Board