Hot Crab Dip
A mixture of creamy cheeses, sweet crabmeat, pungent spices and toasted almonds,
this crab dip can't be beat.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, cartilage removed and flaked
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except crabmeat, almonds and crackers in medium bowl
until well blended.
- Stir in crabmeat.
- Spread crabmeat mixture in ungreased pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches, or shallow
1-quart casserole. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with crackers.
Yield: 20 servings (2 tablespoons each)
Do-Ahead Tip: Prepare this favorite from the ‘50s, and spread it in a casserole
dish up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate; bake as directed.
Special Touch: For holiday parties, sprinkle extra sliced green onions in a wreath
shape, and make a bow with pimiento.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 95 (Calories from Fat 70 ); Total
Fat 8 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 95 mg; Total Carbohydrate
2 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 4 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4 %; Iron 2 %
Exchanges: 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.