Make-Ahead Snowman Cheese Ball
All holiday appetizers should be this fun! This adorable snowman is made of a
delicious spread of seasoned cream and Cheddar cheeses.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) container whipped
cream cheese, softened
- Decorations (see Success Hint), if desired
crackers, if desired
- Mix 3 packages cream cheese and the Cheddar cheese; divide into 3 equal
- Combine 2 parts to equal two-thirds of mixture; mix in pesto.
- Mix onion, mustard and pepper sauce into remaining one-third mixture.
- Cover each cheese mixture and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough
- Shape each cheese mixture into ball. Wrap each ball, label and freeze.
- About 12 hours before serving, remove balls from freezer.
- Thaw in wrappers in refrigerator.
- Arrange balls on serving plate with smaller ball on top for head of snowman.
- Frost snowman with whipped cream cheese before serving.
- Decorate as desired.
- Serve with crackers.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
You can make this cute little guy up to 1 month ahead!
Guests may be a little reluctant to start sampling your delicious creation, so
make extra to fill serving bowls to help get them started.
Use your imagination to decorate this whimsical snowman! You can use fresh rosemary
and dried cranberries (crown), chopped olive pieces or raisins (eyes and buttons),
pimiento or red bell pepper (mouth), radicchio or carrot ribbon (scarf), and asparagus
spears or celery sticks (arms).
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.