Maui Cheese Logs
- 1 (7 ounce) jar macadamia nuts
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 3 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur
- Chop macadamia nuts in a food processor. Reserve 3 tablespoons and set aside.
- Place remaining chopped nuts in a medium-size bowl and add the cheeses. Blend.
- Add the orange rind and Grand Marnier. Blend well.
- Divide mixture in half and spoon each into a rectangle of plastic wrap.
- Fold wrap around mixture and form into logs.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove plastic and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Yield: two cheese logs, about 1 pound each
This can be frozen and gets tastier by the day.