Pinecone Cheese Spread
Cute, right? Squirrel this recipe away for your next party: A creamy mix of five
cheeses plus Dijon mustard and almond slices will have guests pining for more.
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat
Four Cheese Mexican Style Cheese
- 2 tablespoons GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Place cream cheese, shredded cheese and mustard in food processor or blender;
cover. Process until well blended.
- Stir in chiles.
- Place on sheet of waxed paper; shape into 4-inch oval to resemble a pinecone.
- Insert almonds in rows to completely cover cream cheese mixture.
- Place on serving plate; cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving with the crackers.
Yield: 2 cups spread or 16 servings, 2 tablespoons spread and 5 crackers each
Total time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Each 2-tablespoon serving of this spicy spread packs a flavor punch.
mixture into ball instead of pinecone shape. Cover with almonds as desired.
Prepare as directed, adding 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce to the cream cheese mixture
before shaping as directed.
Nutritional Information: Calories 190 Total fat 13 g Saturated fat 6 g Cholesterol
25 mg Sodium 360 mg Carbohydrate 11 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 2 g Protein 6 g Vitamin
6 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 25 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Reprinted with permission from