and Thyme Cheese Balls
- 1 (11 ounce) package soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package natural cream cheese
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries flavored with orange
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or a hearty pinch of dried leaf thyme
- 1 cup shelled salted pistachios
- Mix the goat and cream cheeses, cranberries and thyme in a medium bowl until
- Put the pistachios in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Gather a mound of the cheese mixture with a teaspoon into a 3/4-inch diameter
ball; roll it in the pistachios to coat all over.
- Place on a plate.
- Repeat with remaining cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
Yield: about 40 cheese balls
Per serving: 68 calories, 65% of calories from fat, 5 g fat, 3 g saturated
fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 58 mg sodium, 0 g fiber