Red and Green Crab Balls
- 1 1/2 cups crabmeat
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Unseasoned bread crumbs
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Thin pretzel sticks
- In a bowl, combine crabmeat, cream cheese, lemon zest, salt, pepper, celery seeds and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- Use a fork to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine 2 parts bread crumbs to 1 part paprika in a small, shallow bowl.
- Place parsley in another bowl.
- Form crab mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in either "red" or "green."
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then spear each ball with a pretzel stick.
Yield: about 2 dozen balls