Seven Layer Bean Dip
Old El Paso Favorite Recipe! Dig into a delicious homemade dip. You make it by
layering your favorite Mexican ingredients.
- 1 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso refried beans
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package Old El Paso
taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4.5 ounce)
can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 cup Old El Paso salsa (any variety)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend (8 ounces)
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Tortilla chips, if desired
- In medium bowl, stir together refried beans and taco seasoning mix.
- Spread mixture on large platter.
- In another medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and chiles.
- Carefully spread over bean mixture.
- Top with salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives and tomato.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each)
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Want dippers beyond chips? Try 1/4-inch-thick jicama slices, bell pepper pieces
or zucchini slices.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 90); Total
Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 750mg; Total
Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g); Protein 6g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.