Smoked Salmon Rosettes
How about this festive salmon appetizer to start your holiday dinner off right?
Not only are you giving your guest a tasty beginning but one that is packed with
those heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 cucumber, seedless, plastic wrapped
- 1/4 cup creme
fraîche or 2 ounces sour cream
- 1 Caviar, American Osetra - 1 ounce
- Fresh dill
- Slice cucumber 1/4-inch thick on a slight bias angle, making 24 slices.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon creme fraîche to one side of the cucumber slice.
- Arrange 1/4 teaspoon Caviar on top of creme fraîche.
- Garnish each cumber with a small sprig of fresh dill.
- Cut smoked salmon into 3 x 1-inch strips.
- Roll strips up.
- Place 1 strip on top of each decorated cucumber slice.
- Chill for 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Fishking Processors, Inc.
Reprinted with permission from
the National Fisheries Institute.