Swirled Holiday Party Mix
Need something to make during the busy holiday season for that "last minute"
party? This snack is easy to make, delicious to eat, but tastes like you spent a
lot of time in the kitchen.
- 9 cups oven-toasted corn cereal squares
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE
SWIRLED™ Holiday Morsels
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package milk chocolate-covered pretzels
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease large roasting pan.
- Mix cereal, popped popcorn and peanuts in large bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, without stirring,
for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour evenly over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, stirring frequently to break apart mixture.
- Stir in morsels and pretzels.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 10 servings (2 cups each)
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.