Swirled Holiday Party Mix
Need something to make during the busy holiday season for that "last minute" party? This snack is easy to make, delicious to eat, but tastes like you spent a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 9 cups oven-toasted corn cereal squares
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE SWIRLED™ Holiday Morsels
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package milk chocolate-covered pretzels
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease large roasting pan.
- Mix cereal, popped popcorn and peanuts in large bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour evenly over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, stirring frequently to break apart mixture.
- Stir in morsels and pretzels.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 10 servings (2 cups each)
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé and meals.com