Tree-Shaped Crescent Veggie Appetizer
Veggie trays, move over! This colorful tree-shaped appetizer will add an interesting twist to your appetizer buffet.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups finely chopped assorted vegetables*
* bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers and/or green onions
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove dough from cans in rolled sections (2 sections from each can); do not unroll. Cut each section into 8 slices (16 slices from each can).
- Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets to form trees.
- To form each tree, start by placing 1 slice for top; arrange 2 slices just below, with sides touching.
- Continue arranging row of 3 slices, then row of 4 slices, ending with row of 5 slices.
- Use remaining slice for trunk.
- Refrigerate one tree.
- Bake one tree at 375 degrees F for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; carefully loosen with pancake turner and slide onto wire rack to cool.
- Bake and cool second tree.
- Place each tree on serving platter.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder; blend until smooth.
- Spread mixture over both trees.
- Decorate trees with assorted vegetable pieces.
- Garnish as desired. Refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, pull apart slices of tree.
Yield: 2 trees; 32 appetizers
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury