Buttery Mulled Cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 orange, squeezed for juice
- 1 lemon, squeezed for juice
- 8 cups apple cider
- 4 cloves, whole
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- In a large saucepan, stir brown sugar, orange and lemon juice, cider, cloves,
cinnamon sticks, allspice and 1/4 cup butter. Simmer covered for 1/2 hour, stirring
- Remove whole spices.
- Pour into mugs and float 1/2 tablespoon of butter on top of each.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin