Cherry Cordial Hot Chocolate
- 5 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice, divided
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Maraschino cherries with stems (optional)
- Heat first 3 ingredients and 7 tablespoons cherry juice in a Dutch oven over
medium low heat, stirring often.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with a mixer until foamy.
- Gradually add confectioners'
sugar and reserved cherry juice. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Serve atop hot chocolate.
Top each serving with chocolate shavings and a cherry, if desired.
Yield: 8 1/2 cups
For adults only, add a splash of cherry brandy to each mug.