Amaretto Fruit Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed peel
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Mix first four ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat liquid ingredients together and pour in center of flour mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until moist.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until a knife inserted in center of bread comes