Banana-Nana Pecan Bread
- 1 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) package banana bread quick bread mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour bottom only of a 9 x 5-inch
- In small bowl, combine oats, pecans, margarine and brown sugar; mix well.
Reserve 1/2 cup mixture, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining oat mixture, quick bread mix, water, banana,
eggs and oil. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle top of loaf with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):