Cape Cod Cranberry Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; cut in butter with
pastry blender or two knives.
- Stir in cranberries, orange peel and sugar; stir in buttermilk just until ingredients
- Working on floured surface, shape dough into two 8-inch circles, 1/2-inch thick.
Cut each circle into eight wedges and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Yield: 4 servings