Christmas Eggnog Cherry Nut Loaf
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green maraschino cherries
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix egg, eggnog and oil. Stir in dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Fold in nuts and cherries after they have been coated with flour.
- Pour into greased and floured 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.