- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mixed candied fruit, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Whole candied cherries
- Whole almonds
- Combine first three ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 1
- Combine next 8 ingredients. Cut in butter with food processor or mixer until
mixture resembles coarse meal. Process cottage cheese in food processor or blender
until smooth. Add cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, raisin mixture, and
walnuts to dry ingredients. Stir until moistened.
- Shape dough into a large ball. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and
knead until smooth (2 minutes), adding more flour if necessary. Roll dough to
form an oval, about 12 x 8 1/2-inches. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon melted
butter. Fold long side of dough over to within about 1 1/2 inches of the opposite
side. Place on parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brush with remaining melted butter. Transfer stollen to wire rack to cool.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled
- Garnish with candied cherries and almonds.