Classic Cranberry Nut Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Ocean Spray Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium
- Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Wrap and store overnight.
Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices)
Per serving (1 slice): Cal. 211, Fat Cal. 54, Protein 3grams, Carb. 37grams,
Fat 6grams, Chol. 18mg., Sodium 313mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.